- Share the joy. You will be seeing people that you are inviting at your wedding
- Inject some of the fun into them! Rather than saying it is your 14th meeting with the decorator, tell them you are doing custom décor and I am working on it every week to make it amazing.
- Tell them that you want them to be there, yes the invitation says that already but personal encouragement will carry the day
- What is important to you that day, ‘I can’t wait till you see our first dance, we have already been working on it for weeks’
- What you want from them, ‘I want everyone to be quiet and respectful during the ceremony, and then wild and crazy at the reception, and not the other way around.’‘Our DJ is taking requests from our website so log in and request your favorites.’
- Address wedding questions. With lots of your VIPs around, now is a great time to address questions. You may not feel like clarifying budget questions with your mom, but if you can carve out some quiet time, and tell her in person how much all this means to you, it will be a special moment instead of more of an obligatory one down the line (of course use your best judgement on when)
- Not interested in sharing? Your loved ones want to know how you are and so they ask about your wedding. If you are not interested in answering gracefully redirect them. ‘This holiday I am taking a vacation from talking wedding planning, overall it is going well, how are you?’
- Take a deep breathe. Take a little ‘me time’ This is one of your last holidays before being married. Make it what you want it to be. Enjoy your loved ones.
Neha and the Ask Neha Now team